July 19, 2012 in Publication
Bar Council election the biggest event for the learned lawyers as the Election will decide the leaders of Council the controlling and supervising body for the Advocates. After a long disputes and interference by the Hon’ble High Court and Appellate Division finally the election has been held on 18.07.2012.
Result for the Bangladesh Bar Council Election 2012 in general seats:
1. Abdul Matin Khasru (White Panel) = 13,150
2. Barrister A.M. Mahbub Uddin Khokon (Blue Panel) = 12,749
3. Khandker Mahbub Hossain (Blue Panel) = 12,477
4. A.J. Mohammad Ali (Blue Panel) = 12,326
5. Syed Rezaur Rahman (White Panel) = 12,233
6. Barrister Tania Amir (White Panel) = 12,211
7. Sanaullah Mia (Blue Panel) = 11,825
Group (Regional) Seat Result:
1. Blue Panel =5
In total, out of 14 seats 9 seats have been secured by the Blue Panel and 5 seats have been taken by the White Panel.
Lawyers Bangladesh congratulate all the learned members and wishing a very successful period for them in Bangladesh Bar Council who will expectedly work for in-dependency of Judiciary, Rule of Law and for the Advocates.